Your privacy is important to us and we respect your personal information and comply with the General Data Protection
Regulation (EU 679/2016) (GDPR).
We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on:
- who we are;
- how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information;
- your rights; and
- how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Any personal information we collect is held with due care and security. Your visit to our website and your use of any of
Please read the product-specific details in this privacy notice, which provide additional information about some of
Pitchbox products and the information collected from you in relation to those products.
1. WHO WE ARE
Pitchbox LLC with its registered office at 626 Jacksonville Road, Suite 105, Warminster, Pennsylvania, 18974, USA
collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you.
When we do so we are regulated under the GDPR which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom)
and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
2. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
2.1 DATA COLLECTION
Pitchbox collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our
products. In the course of providing our marketing service to you we collect the following personal information:
- Information you submit when you create a Pitchbox account.
- Information you submit to us to administer your organization’s licensing account.
- Information you submit to raise a search query to Pitchbox.
- Information you submit when you register for a Pitchbox event.
- Information you submit when you upload a document to Pitchbox.
- Information you submit when you purchase a Pitchbox subscription or contact us for support.
- Information collected through our recording of how you interact with our products by, for example, using
technologies like cookies, and receiving error reports or usage data from software running on your device. We
also obtain public data from third parties.
- Information you submit when you open up a Pitchbox account. With a Pitchbox account, you can sign into Pitchbox
products, as well as those of select Pitchbox Partners. Signing into your account enables improved
personalization, provides seamless and consistent experiences across products and devices, and enable other
enhanced features and settings.
When you sign into your account to access a product, Pitchbox creates a record of that sign in. If you sign into a
third-party service with your Pitchbox account, you will be asked to consent to share the account data required by that
The types of information we collect includes name, address, email address, telephone contact numbers and dates, account
login details and social media profile information.
2.2 PRODUCT SPECIFIC DATA COLLECTION PLATFORM AND DEVELOPER PRODUCTS
Platform and Developer Products are Pitchbox products and related software offered and designed primarily for
use by organizations, developers, and sole proprietors. They include:
- Software as a Service (SaaS) referred to as Platform in the Pitchbox Terms of Services (TOS), such as Pitchbox,
Pitchbox App, Pitchbox Plugin, Pitchbox Browser Add-on, for which an organization (our customer) contracts with
Pitchbox for the services.
- Developer products, such as Pitchbox API (“Developer Products”).
2.3 PLATFORM AND PRODUCTS SPECIFIC DATA COLLECTION
When a customer tries, purchases, uses, or subscribes to Platform and Developer Products or obtains support for such
products, Pitchbox collects data to provide the service, including uses compatible with providing the service, provide
the best experiences with our products, operate our business, and communicate with the customer. For example:
- When a customer engages with a Pitchbox sales representative, we collect the customer’s name and contact data,
along with information about the customer’s organization, to support that engagement.
- When a customer interacts with a Pitchbox support professional, we collect usage data and/or error reports to
diagnose and resolve problems.
- When a customer pays for products, we collect contact and payment data to process the payment.
- When a customer receives communications from Pitchbox, we use data to personalize the content of the
The Platform and Developer Products enable you to purchase, subscribe to or use other products and online services from
Pitchbox or third parties with different privacy practices, and those other products and online services will be
governed by their respective privacy notices and policies.
2.4 THE PITCHBOX BROWSER PLUG IN AND API
We collect the following data in relation to the Pitchbox Browser and API.
- Browser Plugin – email address, first name, last name, company name. If you are not an existing
Pitchbox customer you will have to authenticate yourself via LinkedIn (Log in with LinkedIn)
- API – Pitchbox collects the same data for the Pitchbox API as it collects in the Pitchbox app
in 2.3 above.
Pitchbox is an influencer marketing and communications platform. You can use our software and services to create, store
and share documents, as well as communicate with others.
Rather than residing as a static software program on your device, key components of Pitchbox are cloud-based, and both
cloud and local elements of Pitchbox are updated regularly, providing you with the latest improvements and features.
In order to provide this computing experience, we collect data about you and your device, and the way you use Pitchbox.
Note that if your Pitchbox account is managed by your organization (such as your employer or client), your organization
may use centralized management tools provided by Pitchbox or others to control account settings, account policies,
software updates, data collection by us or the organization, or other aspects of your account.
3. HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We use personal information to:
- To provide our products and services to you.
- Where you have given explicit consent we may use your personal information
to send you information about products or services that may be of interest to
you or to provide you information about your account and any security updates we may have.
4. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We will only share personal information with:
- Law enforcement or other public authorities and regulators if required by applicable law.
- We also share data with Pitchbox-controlled subsidiaries and vendors working on our behalf.
- Recurly – payment processor for taking payment from our customers
- Amazon AWS – hosting & data storage
- Google Cloud Services
- MailChimp – email marketing to our customers
- Intercom – email marketing / in-app notifications
- Woopra – marketing and customer success
- Segement – web analytics
- Copper – CRM/Sales
- Trello – Customer success / Sales
- HelpScout – technical support
- PayPal – payment processing
- Google Analytics – website analytics
- Google Tag Manager – website analytics
- Elevio – chat and customer support
5. WHETHER INFORMATION HAS TO BE PROVIDED BY YOU, AND IF SO WHY.
You will be required to provide your name, address, email address and telephone number. If you choose not to provide
this information to us, we may not be able to provide our services to you.
6. HOW LONG YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT
We will hold your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and for as long as we need your data to provide
services. Where we do not require your data we will delete it.
7. REASONS WE CAN COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We rely on a combination of legal bases to collect, use, process and store your personal data. These include consent
(which we may collect at the point of entering a contract with you), legitimate interests and contract performance.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the GDPR you have a number of important rights. In summary, those include rights to:
- Opt-out / object to processing
You have the following opt-out rights/rights to object to processing which are set out in more detail
- to object to direct marketing;
- to object to processing on the basis of a legitimate interest;
- to withdraw consent;
- the right of erasure; and
- the right to restriction of processing.
- Our contact details for exercising your opt-out rights/rights to object to processing
You can exercise your opt-out rights/rights to object to processing as follows:
- In the case of the processing of personal data for direct marketing, by clicking here: https://goo.gl/forms/zwU4chlDz0Kgnewm1
- In any case, by:
- emailing us at email@example.com
- phoning us on +1 215-475-5096 between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM EST; or
- writing to us at Pitchbox, 626 Jacksonville Road, Suite 105, Warminster PA 18974 USA
- Your right to object to direct marketing
You have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for the purposes
of direct marketing. This includes the right to object to processing which amounts to profiling and
which is related to direct marketing.You can object to this kind of processing by clicking here: https://goo.gl/forms/zwU4chlDz0Kgnewm1 or using the contact details above.
- Your right to object to processing on the basis of a legitimate interest
If we are processing your data, including if we are carrying out profiling in respect of it, on the basis of our
legitimate interest, you have the right to object at any time on grounds relating to your particular
situation.If you object, we will cease to process the data unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to
continue to do so or need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal
claims.You can object to this kind of processing by using the contact details above.
- Your right to Withdraw Consent
If you have given us consent to use your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any
time.You can withdraw consent by using the contact details above.
9. Your right of Erasure
You have the right to require us to erase your personal data without undue delay where:
- the data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise
- you have withdrawn your consent on which the processing is based and there is no longer any legal ground
for the processing;
- you exercise your right to object to the processing when that processing is based on legitimate grounds
or you exercise your right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (these
rights are explained elsewhere in this policy);
- the personal data have been unlawfully processed (of course we have no intention of carrying out any
unlawful processing and do our utmost to avoid any unintentionally unlawful processing); or
- the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
You can exercise this right by using the contact details above.
- Your right to Restriction of Processing
You have the right to in certain circumstances to require us to restrict processing of your data. The right
- during a period to enable us to verify data which you have said is inaccurate;
- where the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request restriction of
its use instead (of course we have no intention of carrying out any unlawful processing and do our utmost to
avoid any unintentionally unlawful processing);
- we no longer need the data for the processing but you need the data for the establishment, exercise or
defence of legal claims; and
- you have objected to processing based on a legitimate interest for a period to enable us to verify whether
our legitimate interests override yours.
If you exercise that right, processing of your personal data will be limited to:
- processing to which you have consented;
- processing for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, the protection of the
rights of others or for reasons of important public interest.
- Your right to fair processing of information
You can exercise this right by using the contact details above and transparency over how we use your personal
- Your right to access your personal information.
Please provide enough information to identify yourself correctly; you may make such a request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your right to require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we
You can request us to rectify and correct any personal data that we are processing about you
which is incorrect by contacting us at email@example.com. We will update your personal details and keep your data accurate.
Please note that some of these rights apply in specific circumstances and are qualified by exemptions in data protection
legislation. We will advise you if we are relying on any such exemptions when we respond to you.
10. KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or
accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need
to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable
regulator of a suspected data security breach in 72 hours where we are legally required to do so.
You should also note that whilst we will use all our efforts to protect your privacy and data, we cannot ensure or
warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet because no method of transmission over the
internet or method of electronic storage can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure.
11. NOTICE TO END USERS
Pitchbox products are intended for use by organizations and are administered to you by your organization. Your use of
Pitchbox products may be subject to your organization’s policies, if any. If your organization is administering your use
of the Pitchbox products, please direct your privacy inquiries to your administrator. Pitchbox is not responsible for
the privacy or security practices of our customers, which may differ from those set forth in this privacy notice.
If you use an email address provided by an organization you are affiliated with, such as an employer or client, to
access Pitchbox online services, the owner of the domain (e.g., your employer) associated with your email address may:
(i) control and administer your Pitchbox account and (ii) access and process your data, including the contents of your
communications and files.
In the event of a conflict between this Pitchbox privacy notice and the terms of any agreement(s) between a customer and
Pitchbox Platform and Developer Products, the terms of those agreement(s) will prevail over this privacy notice.
13. HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in
the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of
data protection laws occurred.
14. HOW TO CONTACT US
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at 626 Jacksonville
Road, Suite 105, Warminster, PA 18974, USA.
check this policy from time to time for any updates.
20th January 2019